|Advanced Yoga and Yoga Therapy .
Advanced practices for personal development, teaching and yoga therapy.
Duration: A 10-day residential retreat plus a one-day workshop.
We go deeply into the advanced phases of yoga practice, teaching and meditation. It is the most advanced course taught by Ashram Yoga.
It will prepare you as a teacher for a wide range of teaching roles – including yoga therapy. Yoga therapy is prescribing specific practices for healing and is a particularly rewarding aspect of yoga teaching.
Level 3 includes practices that most people will never experience, even if they spent their whole life going to general yoga classes. It is not only learning these advanced practices, but how and when to introduce them in a relevant and systematic way.
Advanced yoga practices:
- Postures (asanas)such as:
- Dwi Hasta Bhujangasana (the leg over arm pose)
- Koormasana (tortoise pose)
- Extended Dhara Yogasana & Namaksaras (flowing postures)
- Breathing techniques (pranayama)
- Energetic gestures (mudra)
Advanced teaching practices:
- How to assess your students physically
- Teaching for special needs
- Postures (asanas) for therapeutic application
- The use and practice of energetic gestures (mudras) in yoga teaching
- Nada Yoga (yoga of sound) in a teaching situation
Advanced meditation techniques:
- Using chakras, their kshetram (trigger points for chakras) and sounds in yoga nidra (psychic sleep), and also with asanas
- The deeper yoga symbols of the psyche and how to use these in yoga nidra
- In-depth meditation series
- Dharana Akasha – study of the main inner spaces of the subtle body
Kundalini Yoga practices
Mantra and Sanskrit chants
Havan – fire purification ceremony
Samkhya system of manifestation
If you would like a course instructor to call you, please register your interest here.
Early Bird Rate:…………NZ$2500 if paid in full by 1 September 2013
Note: To ensure a place please send a (non-refundable) NZ$300 deposit to Ashram Yoga. The balance can be paid on the first day of the course or by regular installments (please arrange with us). Please confirm your registration or interest as there are limited spaces available for this course.
An additional 4% is charged if paying by Paypal or by credit card. If paying by direct deposit, please contact us for our bank account details.