Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
|Two weekend intensives on the ancient practice of Yoga Nidra. These courses cover all aspects of the technique of guided relaxation. These courses were created by Swami Shantimurti Saraswati who has been guiding students through this process for over 30 years.
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Level 1
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Level 2
The great advantage of Yoga Nidra is that it is a very simple practice that is accessible to everyone. Absolute beginners find that lying down, being still and relaxing is not difficult when guided in a systematic way. This technique is very helpful for any yoga teacher, or for anyone who wishes to help others relax.
We highly recommend this course to yoga teachers because it is a powerful adjunct to yoga postures and pranayama.
The list of benefits from Yoga Nidra is very long, but here are a few:
- deep rest
- release of tension
- better sleep
- improved memory
In our experience, Yoga Nidra is an excellent method for resolving insomnia and anxiety and we frequently hear reports of clients finding a level of rest that they had not experienced in a long time. Yoga Nidra is also a powerful tool for recovering from illness and can help the patient to cope with the associated stress.
Understanding the deeper aspects of Yoga Nidra will make you more confident in facilitating them. Rather than just following a formula, you will know the purpose behind each part. This knowledge makes Yoga Nidra a transformative tool giving you many options in its application.
Swami Shantimurti has devoted his life to the practice and teaching of yogic sciences. His life and travels have allowed him a most unique insight not only into the ancient yoga practices such as Yoga Nidra but more importantly into the human condition.
Learn How to Present Yoga Nidra
- Explore in detail the systematic unfolding of deep relaxed awareness
- Identify and learn elements of the astral body including the ‘koshas’ and the ‘nadis’
- Recognise and interpret the distinct levels of consciousness as guided through the technique
- Learn the sequence of the technique and understand its application
- Unlock the power of consciousness to develop memory, increase knowledge, inspire creativity and enrich daily existence
- Deepen the practice to address your own inner transformation
- Develop and apply the concept of sankalpa or right intent
- Learn to design the practice to suit specific needs, persons or groups
- Practice delivering a yoga nidra relaxation
- Understand how Yoga Nidra is effective and beneficial for all ages, infant, adolescent and adult
- Recieve an instructors packet for further study and reference including certificate of completion
- Since developing and presenting Level 1 and 2 in the USA in 2007, Shantimurti has developed a further weekend to deepen our understanding of Yoga Nidra and the human condition.
- Discover unique elements of the Yoga Nidra technique not often taught.
“The intuitions that emerge in yoga nidra enable one to find within their own self the answers to all problems. One’s true nature and integrity manifest allowing one to live a meaningful and peaceful life in any environment.“
- Paramahamsa Satyananda Saraswati
Level 1:…………………..$350. 24-25 August
Level 2:…………………..$350. 30 November – 1 December
………………………………Combined rate of $600 if paid in full before Level 1 starts.
Location:……………….Ashram Yoga Parnell
Instructor:……………..Atma Okan and Devananda (Dee)
Pre-requisites: Yoga Nidra Level 1 is a pre-requisite for Level 2. If you have completed Ashram Yoga’s Level 2 yoga teacher training then you may automatically go into Yoga Nidra Level 2.
If you have any queries and would like a course instructor to call or email you, please contact us here.
“Yoga nidra has the ability to reorganise, restructure a persons psychological personality… systematically working on different areas until we are in a deep state of receptivity.”
- Swami Shantimurti Saraswati